Megha-Tropiques-1: ISRO Successfully Executes Controlled Re-entry Of Satellite In Space Debris Mitigation Exercise
byKaran Kamble-Mar 8, 2023 01:22 AM +05:30 IST
Final ground traces of the Megha-Tropiques-1 satellite (Image: ISRO)
- The satellite re-entered the Earth’s atmosphere and would have disintegrated over the Pacific Ocean, ISRO confirmed based on telemetry.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully pulled off the controlled atmospheric re-entry of its decommissioned climate research satellite Megha-Tropiques-1.
Megha-Tropiques-1 was a joint satellite mission by India and France for studying the water cycle and energy exchanges in the tropics. It was launched in October 2011 and decommissioned in April 2022 after a couple of extensions over its original mission life of three years. (Read this earlier Swarajya
You have 2 free articles left this month. Please login to read.
Sign In With Password
Karan Kamble writes on science and technology. He occasionally wears the hat of a video anchor for Swarajya’s online video programmes.
Get Swarajya in your inbox everyday. Subscribe here.Sign Up
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Space Debris Mitigation
- megha-tropiques-1 satellite
- space situational awareness
As you are no doubt aware, Swarajya is a media product that is directly dependent on support from its readers in the form of subscriptions. We do not have the muscle and backing of a large media conglomerate nor are we playing for the large advertisement sweep-stake.
Our business model is you and your subscription. And in challenging times like these, we need your support now more than ever.
We deliver over 10 – 15 high quality articles with expert insights and views. From 7AM in the morning to 10PM late night we operate to ensure you, the reader, get to see what is just right.
Becoming a Patron or a subscriber for as little as Rs 1200/year is the best way you can support our efforts.
Become A Patron
Become A Subscriber
- Hola Mohalla Plus Much More: Holi In The Sikh Tradition
- Megha-Tropiques-1: ISRO Successfully Executes Controlled Re-Entry Of Satellite In Space Debris Mitigation Exercise
- Land-For-Jobs Scam: CBI Questions Lalu Yadav And Family; Turmoil In Bihar Politics Imminent?
- Tamil Nadu: Why Are Some BJP Leaders Joining The AIADMK?
- Economy On Steroids: China’s Double-Digit Decade Of Growth Is Now History
- Trinamool’s ‘Bahubali’ Taken To Delhi: What It Means For His Party And Mamata Banerjee
- Kochi Residents Living In ‘Gas Chamber’, Says High Court, As Toxic Fumes From Burning Waste Dump Hover Over City For The Sixth Day
- Hyderabad-Based Arun Ramachandra Pillai Arrested By ED: Find Out All About The 11th Arrest In Delhi Liquor Scam Case Here
Swarajya is a publication by Kovai Media Private Limited.
Swarajya – a big tent for liberal right of centre discourse that reaches out, engages and caters to the new India.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Swarajya
- Code of Conduct
- Plagiarism Policy
- Refund & Cancellation Policy
Copyright: Kovai Media Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Quintype